The BeagleBone LCD4 Cape provides a portable LCD solution with touchscreen capability for BeagleBone boards. The 4.3" TFT LCD screen, attached to the topside of the board, can display up to a resolution of 480x272 and is a 4-wire resistive touchscreen. The board is equipped with seven buttons located at finger-friendly positions. These buttons include power, reset, and five user buttons, which are mapped to different GPIO signals. The backside of the cape is where a BeagleBone can be mounted.
Initial release of BeagleBone LCD4 Cape
Software Support & Compatibility
- BeagleBone LCD4 Cape revision A1
- Compatible with BeagleBone using Angstrom release 11-22-12 onward.
- Compatible with BeagleBone Black using Angstrom release 2013-06-20 onward.
- Official BeagleBone Black image releases can be downloaded here
- Official BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here
- Other BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here
Please follow the instructions here to write the image file to your SD card on a Windows machine.
- A BeagleBone LCD4 Cape
- A BeagleBone (with supported software)
- A 5V DC power supply (we recommend 5V - 2A)
- A stylus (optional)
Following the instructions below to start using your BeagleBone LCD4 Cape:
- Mount the BeagleBone to the connectors on the bottom side of the LCD4 Cape.
- Make sure the SD card using with BeagleBone has image that supports LCD4 Cape.
- Plug in a 5V DC power supply to the DC connector on the BeagleBone.
- Following screens will be displayed on the LCD screen:
- Angstrom log-in prompt
- Auto Calibration utility (displays only on the first time)
- Follow the instructions given by the Auto Calibration utility to calibrate the LCD4 touchscreen.
- After calibrated, the Angstrom desktop will be displayed on the LCD screen.
You can start using the board.
Followings are some specifications of the BeagleBone LCD4 Cape:
|Power||3.3V via BeagleBone header|
|5V via BeagleBone header|
|Display Model||NewHaven NHD‐4.3‐480272MF‐ATXI#‐T‐1|
|Display Type||4.3" TFT LCD|
|Switches||One power switch|
|One reset switch|
|Five user switches|
|Connectors||Two 46-position male headers|
|Size||5.00" x 3.05"|
|Board Name||BeagleBone LCD4 Cape|
BeagleBone LCD4 Revision A1
To download all files at once please click here